Saturday, April 27, 2013

The last call to my Grandma..

It was on 18th April 2013 at 9 pm and I never knew that this would be the last call with my grandmother. 


It was the most precious moments of my life, we spoke about everything under the roof that day for more than an hour and I distinctly remember her talking about how her health would get better. My grandma was telling me that her surgery would be very minor, I don't need to worry and I was trying to hold back my tears, numb and could not speak. She asked me if I was still there, she knew that I had got emotional so she changed the topic and wanted to talk about my 3rd anniversary celebration. She was very happy about it and asked me how many guests I had invited and who all were going to be there. She was so proud of me and my better half that we could make this celebration happen. I also told her that I had taken lots of beautiful studio pictures in a wedding gown and a Chinese traditional dress and she told me that I would look like a Chinese princess. Grandma, I know that now you will get to see my pictures from up there and bless us during our anniversary celebration. 

It would give me a shudder to think of what might have happened if I had not made that last call to my grandmother, I would not have had my closure and I would have regretted not calling her my whole life. I'm glad we could speak Grandma, you are the strength of our lives and today I'm a strong woman because you made me strong physically and emotionally that whatever comes my way I can handle it and nothing can bring me down! You are my strength and my guide, keep blessing us from above and rest in peace, Ah Poh. I will love you always, and you will be there in my thoughts forever. Now, I know that I have an additional star shining upon me and protecting me. Thank you, grandma for everything and always being there for us. I love you. 

With lots of love,
Your eldest niece, Lilian.

No comments:

Post a Comment