Thursday, November 29, 2012

"You are the WINNER!"

I won a Kindle Fire HD at a Trade Show! This was at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre where my company set up a booth to display our products and services with many other companies. The trade show was interesting, we had a lot of people come by our booth to check out what was happening and then during  our break my boss and I planned to visit other booths. We walked by few booths and learnt a lot about the products and services others had offered and also got a few freebies like pens, notepads, mugs, etc.

We were approached by one of the vendors to check out their booth and they mentioned that  they also give away a Kindle Fire HD each day for one lucky winner. So we went to try our luck and this was unbelievable! First they asked me to pick a coupon which was scanned with my ID, then scanned it on their computer and on their screen popped  up "You are the WINNER!" I was very surprised and almost jumped in joy, everyone clapped and it gathered the whole crowd from the hall. That was such an incredible moment. 


So we went back to our booth and one of my colleague wanted to try her luck so went to another booth where they pick winners to win a Palm Pilot and we were asked to drop our business cards for the draw. The winners for the Palm Pilot would only be announced the next day so I asked my colleague to inform me about the results since I would not be attending the trade show the next day. 

Next day, I was back at the office and my colleague sent me a text that ""You are the WINNER and thankfully because of your luck even I won a Palm Pilot!", I was really surprised and could not believe my luck. That day was fantastic winning a Kindle Fire HD  and a Palm Pilot, I use my Kindle everyday to read books, play games and browse but as for the Palm Pilot I don't use it because I have an iPhone to keep me updated. If anyone is interested in a Palm Pilot, feel free to contact me via comments below. 



2 comments: